What is Connect 2020?
Ten weeks of construction will reduce Link Red Line service beginning Jan. 4. The Connect 2020 project builds new light rail tracks connecting Seattle to the Eastside. Learn more about the overall Connect 2020 project on soundtransit.org.
Allow for more time
Follow the new signs
Spread out to avoid overcrowding
Allow for priority seating and boarding
- Allow seniors and riders with disabilities to board first and take seats. Be prepared to stand.
- If able, take the stairs and leave escalators and elevators for those needing them.
Transfer trains at Pioneer Square
- During construction, Link Red Line operates as two lines: Angle Lake-Pioneer Square and UW-Pioneer Square.
- To continue past Pioneer Square, exit the train through the inner doors to transfer across the temporary center platform.
- To exit at Pioneer Square, use the outer doors facing the permanent platform.
Watch for weekend tunnel closures
- Downtown Seattle Link stations close on three weekends, one each in January, February and March. Exact dates depend on construction progress.
- Subscribe to email or text Link light rail alerts to stay up to date about the weekend closures.
- Dedicated shuttle buses connect riders to all stations between SODO and Capitol Hill.
- Shuttle buses depart every 7 minutes during normal Link service hours.
- Trains run from UW-Capitol Hill and Angle Lake-SODO only.
Where do I catch the bus at each station?
No bikes at Pioneer Square Station
- During the 10 weeks of construction, Sound Transit is prohibiting bicycles at Pioneer Square Station.
- Southbound riders with bicycles exit at University Street, northbound riders with bicycles exit at International District/Chinatown.
- People riding bicycles between University Street and International District/Chinatown stations can use protected bicycle lanes on 2nd Avenue, S. Main Street, and 5th Avenue S.
- Learn more about Seattle bike routes and how to bring your bike on Link.
Accessibility and mobility first
- Those who cannot use stairs have priority on elevators and escalators.
- Staff will ask riders to be courteous and yield their seats.
- For more information, call: 1-800-201-4900, TTY Relay 711, Monday-Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Call or text Security 24/7: 206-398-5268